Hometown Homecoming Parade 2021

Emion Byers, Arts & Entertainment Editor

It’s that time of year again!

Louisa County’s Hometown Homecoming Parade has made its return, but this year with a few exciting changes.

This year, the parade will be flowing north to south, finishing up at Walton Park. The main component put into finishing at Walton Park is to limit the amount of traffic in town before and after the parade.

If you are entering a float in the parade, set-up will take place at Mineral Baptist Church. There will be no other vehicles allowed in this parking lot prior to the parade.

Walking groups are to meet their assigned sponsor at the Farmer’s Market and will be dispersing for the parade from here.

Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:

Where do I drop my child off if they are a part of a walking group? There will be a parent drop-off loop behind the Family Practice right next to the Farmer’s Market. This will be a quick process, drop your child off and go secure your seat to watch them perform!

Now that I know where I drop my child off at, where will I be picking them up? There is an already marked-off area at Walton Park where you can park. There will be a staff member from your child’s elementary school present right outside of this area where you can sign your child out.

Since there are no other vehicles allowed at Mineral Baptist, where do I take my child so that they can board their float? You can use the same drop-off location as the walking groups and there will be a designated person present to walk your child over to their float.

If I am a high school student and park at Walton Park, do I have to walk across town? Of course not, we are not going to make you walk all the way across town! There will be school bus shuttles picking up participants behind Duke Oil that will be taking Louisa Ave. to drop-off at the Mineral Volunteer Fire Department.

Is it too late to enter into the parade? The answer is no, but the earlier you sign up, the better. To make it easier for you, we have attached the Parade Registration Form in the menu bar at the top of our website.

Please be aware of the road closures that will be taking place during the Parade, and plan accordingly.

If you have any other questions please feel free to email Carrie Hicks at [email protected] or Emion Byers at [email protected].

We can’t wait to see everyone in town this Thursday, September 23rd, at 6:30!