Boys Volleyball comes to LCHS

The+first+ever+LCHS+Butterball+game+will+be+held+Wednesday%2C+February+9th+at+7+pm+in+the+Main+Gym.+

Photo by Keira Apple

The first ever LCHS Butterball game will be held Wednesday, February 9th at 7 pm in the Main Gym.

Keira Apple, Reporter/Photographer

The Newspaper 2022 Staff is sponsoring the first ever Butter Ball tournament. Boys are given the chance to play volleyball against their friends from different grade levels. The event will be on February 9th at 7 PM. The tickets will go on sale for five dollars on February 2nd during lunchtime.

Newspaper introduced the idea to students and they became interested in playing. When Yearbook did powderpuff, it sparked a lightbulb for Newspaper, bringing Butter Ball to life. Ever since the girls volleyball team hit the court, there has been a buzz around the hallways about the boys wanting to play. 

“This is very exciting to me and I am very intrigued to see how the games come out,” said sophomore Evan Capolleza. 

Capozella said he was very influenced by his friends. Although students may only be joining because of peer pressure, freshman Ethan McGehee is having fun with sibling rivalry. 

“I plan on seeing my teammates try our best to beat the seniors,” said Mr. McGehee. 

Ethan’s sister, Emma McGehee is coaching the senior team. Ms. McGehee said that a lot of her friends give Mr. McGehee a hard time but she is biased because she really wants the seniors to win. 

“I think that the freshmen are going to lose because they might be taller than me but they are not stronger than most of the seniors,” said Ms. Emma Mcgehee. 

Newspaper will use the money raised to maintain their website dues and add additional in addition to updating gear. Next year, staffers want to give back to their community by making a donation to the Louisa Resource Council.

Students can find the sign-up sheets on the wall next to the PubLab door, room 261. It cost five dollars to play. Anyone with questions, please feel free to contact any of the newspaper staff and or email our adviser, Ms. Curran