“Life is full of curveballs” senior sendoff

Anna Turner, Editor-in-Chief

If there’s one thing I know for sure; it’s that no one was lying when they said high school would fly by. The last four years have gone by in the blink of an eye. In a couple weeks, I will graduate, leave this school behind, and move on to the next four years of my life. 

As a freshman, I envisioned high school to go a lot differently than it actually went. I had a plan for the next four years and then the next four years in college. Well, let’s just say nothing ever goes according to plan. 

If there’s one thing I’ll take away from high school, it’s that life will always throw in curveballs along the way. That no matter what we plan in our heart, the Lord’s plan will prevail over all. I quickly realized that in order to have a successful high school experience, I had to give up my own way and learn to go with the flow. 

You may lose friends you never thought you would lose, struggle in a class you never thought you would struggle in, or just go through a really hard time mentally you never expected. 

Without all the times my life didn’t go according to plan, I wouldn’t be the woman I am today. Those experiences shaped me and made me stronger. For that, I am thankful. I am thankful for my faith for carrying me through all of those experiences. My family; for raising me to always do the right thing and providing everything and more for me. My friends; I will forever cherish all the crazy memories and late nights we went through together. 

As high school comes to a close, I know one thing is for sure. A lot in the next four years in college probably won’t go according to plan. However, it’s in those moments I realize it may not make sense to me, but it was God’s plan all along. And his plan is for good, to prosper and not to harm. To give me hope, and a future. An amazing future that I could never plan on my own.