Senior Landon Wilson signs to Emory & Henry

Andrew Woolfolk

Senior Landon Wilson signing to Emory & Henry on Dec.21.

Katelynn Jones, News & Copy Editor

Senior Landon Wilson signed to further his football career at Emory & Henry College on Dec.21. Wilson is a 6 ‘1″ quarterback, weighing in at 193 lbs. His senior season, Wilson rushed 567 yards with 39 total touchdowns. Wilson completed 107 out of 191 passes with 27 of those earning a touchdown.

Emory & Henry is a Division II school located in Emory, Virginia. Wilson plans to attend the School of Business, which has received 21 State and National awards.

“I mainly chose Emory & Henry because of the coaches,” Wilson said. “They really stayed in contact with me on a weekly basis which showed that they really wanted me.”

Another factor that pulled Wilson towards Emory & Henry was the campus and location. Wilson really liked that the campus was secluded with a small student population. That led him to verbally commit on Dec.7 and later sign on Dec.21.

When asked what he credits his success to, Wilson praised Louisa. 

“I wouldn’t have had anywhere to play football if it weren’t for Louisa,” Wilson said. “The amount of exposure I got from going to Louisa definitely helped with the recruiting process.”

Wilson works with other coaches and training programs such as groups in Charlottesville, Adapt, Coach Wilson, and a lot of college players in the Central Virginian area. But, with a coach like Will Patrick, Wilson was provided with a mentor and support system.

“If it weren’t for Coach Pat, I wouldn’t have gotten in touch with any coaches,” Wilson said. 

While leading Louisa to multiple Jefferson District Championships, Wilson has been a crucial asset to the team as the four-year starting quarterback. Throughout his senior season alone, Wilson received Jefferson District Player of the Year, Central Virginian Player of the Year, First Team All Region, First Team All Region DB, and First Team All Region QB. 

“I rely on him to make plays that nobody else can,” freshman Dyzier Carter said. “When we need something to happen, he’s gonna be the one to do it.”

Wilson plans to continue preparing for his first year at Emory & Henry by working with all of the people who have previously trained with him. Wilson advises younger players to do the same as him by “working hard in the off season because that’s when you can get better to win games.”

Landon Wilson poses during a media day at Emory & Henry. (Emory & Henry Media)