Community Country Concert

FCA+and+Softball+poster+for+God+and+Country+fundraiser+concert.+

evan

FCA and Softball poster for God and Country fundraiser concert.

Evan Capozella, Sports Editor

Micah Fletcher, a local country musician, performs at the Alan Jackson Theater on April 29th at 7:00 PM to benefit Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) and Louisa Softball. Fletcher has been singing for many years and now is an official music artist with his new song The Look in Your Eyes.

“He found a purpose for his pain through the gift of music,” FCA Director Jeff Alston said. “There are a lot of people out there that need to know they can do the same. We pray and believe that this night will bring joy to our community and I personally hope that it will inspire others to walk with purpose.”

Fletcher will be singing his originals in addition to covers of Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs, Travis Tritt, The Judds, Cody Johnson, and more. He has written a new song specifically for the concert and the Louisa community.

“The people that come will be positively influenced by the energy on the stage and the words that will be sung,” Fletcher said. “I recently wrote a song called ‘Five on First’ in honor of Chase Luck, and I cannot wait for Louisa County to hear it for the first time.”

For softball, they will be able to afford a new barrier net and the rest of the fund will help cover the cost of team building activities, end-of-year party, theme nights, or Senior gifts. For FCA, the money will go to 15 student-athletes as a scholarship for the state FCA camp.

LC Softball is marketing for the concert through social media outlets and with posters hung up around Louisa and surrounding areas like Mineral, Gordonsville, Ruckersville, Orange and Charlottesville.

“The players have also been passing out ‘business cards’ with the event information (for every two students they sell a ticket to – they get to cut their warm-up laps in half),” Softball Head Coach Susan Sharpe said.

Tickets for the concert can be purchased on Ticketspicket and will be sold at the door for an affordable price. Country Boys BBQ will be selling food at the event.

The inspiration came from last year when Fletcher came and shared his music with FCA. Fletcher asked if he could hold a concert to aid FCA and last year’s concert was a big help to FCA.

¨This year with all the exposure he has had with Louisa Athletics, Coach Sharpe asked if FCA would like to do another concert that would benefit LC Softball and our FCA club,¨ Alston said. “I saw this as a tremendous opportunity to bless more people and provide great family entertainment at a low cost.¨