Local Exterior Solutions

• May 16JV and Varsity baseball plays Goochland tonight.
  • May 16Caitlin Clark's first game in WNBA breaks viewership records.
  • May 16Florida passes legislation that shifts energy focus away from addressing climate change.
  • May 15The senior scholarship ceremony will take place today.
  • May 15The 2024 NFL schedule will be released tonight.
  • May 15Senior graduation practice begins today and will continue through Friday.
  • May 13Varsity baseball plays John Randolph Tucker High School tonight at 6.
  • May 13Speech and debate state champions,Reese Merritt and Hannah Hearn, qualify for national competitions.
  • May 13Famous producer,Roger Corman, passes away at the age of 98.
  • May 10Senior scholarships and awards will be announced tonight.

Gerry Turner finds love in the golden years

“The Golden Bachelor” is the new addition to reality television and premiered in September. While similar to “The Bachelor,” “The Golden Bachelor” breaks the standard because it focuses on people finding love in their golden years.

Gerry Turner is a 72 year-old, is the first Golden Bachelor to grace television screens. Throughout the weeks, Turner choose who goes and who stays until he ends up with one final woman.

Senior Gabriel Froschauer talks about the reality television show “The Golden Bachelor”.
Secretary, Jocelain McClung shares her view on the Golden Bachelor. (Karleigh Lundy )

“They are looking for a different person,” senior Gabriel Froschauer said. “They are not after what is attractive, they are more after personality. I like this version a lot more than the actual “Bachelor”.” 

Similarities between “The Golden Bachelor” and the “Bachelor” includes the distribution of roses throughout the competition. The roses symbolize a contestant’s ability to move onto the next stage. While “The Bachelor” has red roses, “The Golden Bachelor” hands out gold ones to show the difference between the two shows.

“The Golden Bachelor is great for our older generation to still have the same opportunities, and media marketing that the typical Bachelor/Bachelorette has,” secretary Jocelain McClung said. “It’s important to realize that not everybody finds love in their thirties.”

Furthermore, this show continues to grab people’s attention as “The Golden Bachelor’s” streaming premiere gained 1.14 million views, as shown by The Hollywood Reporter.

“People love to watch a dumpster fire, and the idea of this fairytale romance is something people want to believe in,” leadership teacher Meredith Williamson said.

As the weeks go by and new episodes are released, the outcome of this show is beginning to appear.

“I think this might be successful because they have an idea of what they are looking for in a companion, rather than just someone they’re attracted to,” Williamson said.