• March 4Caitlin Clark becomes all-time leading scorer in NCAA division one basketball.
  • March 4Eagles center, Jason Kelce, retires after 13 seasons in the NFL.
  • March 4Donald Trump wins Colorado ballot case.
  • March 1Texas experiences largest wildfire in state history, currently showing no signs of resolve.
  • March 1Varsity and JV softball will have pictures today.
  • March 1Varsity and JV baseball scrimmages are canceled.
  • February 29Former WWE wrestler, Michael Jones, passes away at 61.
  • February 29JV and Varsity baseball will have team pictures after school today.
  • February 29Comedian, Richard Lewis, passes away at the age of 76.
  • February 28Nike will be creating new uniforms for National Women's Soccer League.

Gerry Turner finds love in the golden years

“The Golden Bachelor” is the new addition to reality television and premiered in September. While similar to “The Bachelor,” “The Golden Bachelor” breaks the standard because it focuses on people finding love in their golden years.

Gerry Turner is a 72 year-old, is the first Golden Bachelor to grace television screens. Throughout the weeks, Turner choose who goes and who stays until he ends up with one final woman.

Senior Gabriel Froschauer talks about the reality television show “The Golden Bachelor”.
Secretary, Jocelain McClung shares her view on the Golden Bachelor. (Karleigh Lundy )

“They are looking for a different person,” senior Gabriel Froschauer said. “They are not after what is attractive, they are more after personality. I like this version a lot more than the actual “Bachelor”.” 

Similarities between “The Golden Bachelor” and the “Bachelor” includes the distribution of roses throughout the competition. The roses symbolize a contestant’s ability to move onto the next stage. While “The Bachelor” has red roses, “The Golden Bachelor” hands out gold ones to show the difference between the two shows.

“The Golden Bachelor is great for our older generation to still have the same opportunities, and media marketing that the typical Bachelor/Bachelorette has,” secretary Jocelain McClung said. “It’s important to realize that not everybody finds love in their thirties.”

Furthermore, this show continues to grab people’s attention as “The Golden Bachelor’s” streaming premiere gained 1.14 million views, as shown by The Hollywood Reporter.

“People love to watch a dumpster fire, and the idea of this fairytale romance is something people want to believe in,” leadership teacher Meredith Williamson said.

As the weeks go by and new episodes are released, the outcome of this show is beginning to appear.

“I think this might be successful because they have an idea of what they are looking for in a companion, rather than just someone they’re attracted to,” Williamson said.