Virginia FFA Chapters unite in the Alan Jackson Theater

These members of FFA are apart of different chapters and hand out work books to other members as they enter.
Keira
The welcome sign displayed for members walking into the auditorium. (Keira Apple)

Last Friday, neighboring chapters of Future Farmers of America (FFA) gathered in the Alan Jackson Theater to learn how to effectively advocate for themselves. They welcomed Rhett Labauch, a profession motivational speaker and owner of Your Next Speaker.

Members from each chapter talking to each other and making connections. (Keira Apple)

As over 200 members of the National FFA Organization flooded our auditorium, Labauch encouraged everyone to interact with each other and meet the peers surrounding them. Some members traveled over an hour and a half to attend the lesson.

Select members plan to go to Richmond in January to speak to officials about the importance of agriculture in the education system. Labauch encouraged students to focus on how they present themselves as they “agvocate,” a term FFA created used to say “Advocate for Agriculture.”

FFA members take notes during the speaker training. (Keira Apple)