Local Exterior Solutions

• May 20Heavy fog and low visibility will be experienced in morning hours.
  • May 20Tomorrow will be 1st and 3rd period exams.
  • May 20Red Lobster files bankruptcy.
  • May 17Graduation will be held indoors today, begins at 6:30.
  • May 17North Carolina debating bill that could potentially ban wearing masks in public.
  • May 17Texas hit by wave of severe weather.
  • May 16JV and Varsity baseball plays Goochland tonight.
  • May 16Caitlin Clark's first game in WNBA breaks viewership records.
  • May 16Florida passes legislation that shifts energy focus away from addressing climate change.
  • May 15The senior scholarship ceremony will take place today.

A piece of the Homecoming Parade

Kei McCowin
Community members in colorful fairy costumes cooperate in anticipation of the Hometown Homecoming parade.

The Hometown Homecoming parade was held on Thursday, October, 5th, and allowed various businesses and organizations to show off not only their creative talents but also their community pride. 40 floats took part this year, with organizations varying from clubs such as GAYL, and sports such as wrestling and football, to businesses like the Blue Ridge Bank. Parade floats revolved around the theme for homing; The Enchanted Garden. Having stretched from the Mineral Baptist church to Elizabeth Trice Walton Park, the floats tossed candy to parents, children, and onlookers alike.

Sophomore and FFA member Lily Hix waves while showing off her parade cow costume. (Kei McCowin)
Sophomore and GAYL member Stephanie Presley waits for the Parade to begin. (Kei McCowin)
Students, parents, and community members alike wave to various parade floats passing by while taking pictures. (Kei McCowin)
A group of Louisa Elite Youth cheerleaders enjoying their time together prior to the Homecoming Parade. (Kei McCowin)
Art teacher Abigail Young blows bubbles next to the National Art Honors Society parade float. (Kei McCowin)
Various GAYL members stand at the ready awaiting their turn to walk in the Parade. (Kei McCowin)
Mineral Baptist Church Upward Cheerleaders smile and wave at people watching the parade.
(Kei McCowin)
Parents and children alike smile and pose for a picture on their float during the beginning of the parade. (Kei McCowin)
Louisa County High School cheerleaders stand at the ready waiting for the parade to begin. (Kei McCowin)
Louisa County youth gather around to pick up the candy being tossed by the parade members. (Kei McCowin)
Sophomore Lilith Zaleski and her family laugh because they see a family friend walking in the parade. (Kei McCowin)
FCCLA members Gracen Tate (senior) and Julianna Minor (sophomore) hype up the crowd during the parade. (Kei McCowin)
The marching band stands prepared for the parade. The drum major plays at a fast tempo, building up excitement for everyone in the surrounding area. (Kei McCowin)
The Mineral Baptist Church Upward Flag Football team sitting on their float during the parade. (Kei McCowin)
Sheriff Lowe admires the scene as the parade comes to an end at Walton Park. (Kei McCowin)