• April 26Grizzly bears will be reintroduced to the northwest region of the U.S.
  • April 26The opening night of Chicago is tonight.
  • April 26The Envirothon teams placed third and first at regionals.
  • April 25JV boys and girls and Varsity girls soccer play Western Albemarle tonight.
  • April 25Outdoor track has a meet at Monticello.
  • April 25The 2024 NFL Draft starts today.
  • April 24CTE signing day is today.
  • April 24Girls JV and Varsity soccer plays Goochland tonight.
  • April 24Avian flu has been detected in pasteurized milk.
  • April 24Dominion begins offshore wind turbine project.

NAHS and CWC create a Literary Magazine

Created By Emily on Canva
Created By Emily on Canva

The Creative Writing Club (CWC) is collaborating with the National Arts Honors Society (NAHS) to create and publish a literary magazine alongside the NAHS. The literary magazine titled “Voices of the Pride” will cover different types of media such as poetry, flash fiction, and arts.

Created by Emily on Canva

The CWC is a club where students learn more about creative writing, editing, and how to strengthen their skills. Students are given a prompt to help build upon their inspiration. The CWC is held on Green and Gold club days. They typically hold meetings after school on Wednesdays.

The literary magazine is in the making and will be published in May of 2024. The National Arts Honors Society (NAHS) is working on creating the cover for the magazine. For students who have created art and want to enter the magazine, they should reach out to one of the art teachers. NAHS members and art teachers will be the judges for artistic submission. For the students who want their literary work accepted into the magazine, the CWC will be the judge for those submissions. 

The literary magazine is a good opportunity for the students to be able to express themselves through artwork and writing. Google forms and submission boxes are available online and in English teacher’s classrooms.

“We feel that expression is under-represented,” Art teacher, Abigail Young said. “So we wanted to create this opportunity.” 

Overall, publishing the literary magazine will give students a chance to show off their skills within their art and writings. 

“ I hope to help showcase the creativity that the students at Louisa County High School have,” student Anna Wilkinson said “We have such a diversity of students and ideas.”

Hopes for the literary magazine are high. Both students and teachers are aware of the talent that exists within our school and are excited to let these individuals be seen.

“I’m hoping to showcase a variety of talent from our fine arts department and NAHS,” Art teacher Alexandra LaBarr said.

Mrs. Labarr”s class working on art work (Emily Jones)