• March 4Caitlin Clark becomes all-time leading scorer in NCAA division one basketball.
  • March 4Eagles center, Jason Kelce, retires after 13 seasons in the NFL.
  • March 4Donald Trump wins Colorado ballot case.
  • March 1Texas experiences largest wildfire in state history, currently showing no signs of resolve.
  • March 1Varsity and JV softball will have pictures today.
  • March 1Varsity and JV baseball scrimmages are canceled.
  • February 29Former WWE wrestler, Michael Jones, passes away at 61.
  • February 29JV and Varsity baseball will have team pictures after school today.
  • February 29Comedian, Richard Lewis, passes away at the age of 76.
  • February 28Nike will be creating new uniforms for National Women's Soccer League.

New Team, New Title

Amara Comfort
LC Pride Elites getting students hype at the pep-rally with their all new dance moves.

The former Step Team has taken on a change in their classification to the now Dance and Majorette Team. Louisa has several sports, clubs and other activities to partake in as a student. Discussion about said activities are important for the student body, due to the peaked interest in clubs as of the past year which can be inferred by increased enrollment across several student run organizations such as Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), Hiking Club, and more.

“The reason for the change is because we danced more than we did step,” Dance Team Captain Odessa Johnson explained.

In addition to this, Band Director Michael Lee, reached out to the team, asking if they would be interested in joining the band. Since their addition to the band, the Dance team has acquired uniforms and more performance time, in comparison to last year only performing in pep rallies. This year they’ve performed at a variety of sporting events and even the homecoming parade.

Team captains are expected to be role models in their community, and of course in their organization. Johnson helps coordinate dances, as well as lead dance formations. She is described by her friends as funny, kind and a teamplayer.

“The last school I taught at had a band, a color guard, and a dance team all together, an idea that had never been brought to Louisa, so I offered to add the dance team to the band,” Lee said.

“I think it’s really cool that they’re out, performing and having fun. You can tell they work pretty hard,” freshman Brody Spangler said.

This highlights the importance of why anyone does anything. The main message may be that no matter what one does, in any endeavor it’s most important to have fun. “Having fun is not a diversion from a successful life; it is the pathway to it,” American Author Martha Beck said.

LC Pride Elite dancing to the marching bands music during the pep-rally. (Amara Comfort)