• May 2Federal Reserve decides not to increase interests rates.
  • May 2Girls and boys soccer faces off against Orange tonight.
  • May 2China to begin Chang'e 6 , a mission to collect data from the dark side of the moon.
  • May 1Joe Vogel,age 27, earns the title of youngest state delegate in Maryland history.
  • May 1Girls JV and Varsity soccer plays Fluvanna tonight.
  • May 1Rare pigmentation causes golden retriever puppy to be born with green fur.
  • April 30Track will host meet tonight at 5 pm.
  • April 30Georgia power plant, Vogtle, brings new nuclear reactor online.
  • April 30Four Zebras spotted in North Bend Washington after escaping from captivity.
  • April 29The Rolling Stones begin North American tour.

New Team, New Title

Amara Comfort
LC Pride Elites getting students hype at the pep-rally with their all new dance moves.

The former Step Team has taken on a change in their classification to the now Dance and Majorette Team. Louisa has several sports, clubs and other activities to partake in as a student. Discussion about said activities are important for the student body, due to the peaked interest in clubs as of the past year which can be inferred by increased enrollment across several student run organizations such as Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), Hiking Club, and more.

“The reason for the change is because we danced more than we did step,” Dance Team Captain Odessa Johnson explained.

In addition to this, Band Director Michael Lee, reached out to the team, asking if they would be interested in joining the band. Since their addition to the band, the Dance team has acquired uniforms and more performance time, in comparison to last year only performing in pep rallies. This year they’ve performed at a variety of sporting events and even the homecoming parade.

Team captains are expected to be role models in their community, and of course in their organization. Johnson helps coordinate dances, as well as lead dance formations. She is described by her friends as funny, kind and a teamplayer.

“The last school I taught at had a band, a color guard, and a dance team all together, an idea that had never been brought to Louisa, so I offered to add the dance team to the band,” Lee said.

“I think it’s really cool that they’re out, performing and having fun. You can tell they work pretty hard,” freshman Brody Spangler said.

This highlights the importance of why anyone does anything. The main message may be that no matter what one does, in any endeavor it’s most important to have fun. “Having fun is not a diversion from a successful life; it is the pathway to it,” American Author Martha Beck said.

LC Pride Elite dancing to the marching bands music during the pep-rally. (Amara Comfort)