• April 30Track will host meet tonight at 5 pm.
  • April 30Georgia power plant, Vogtle, brings new nuclear reactor online.
  • April 30Four Zebras spotted in North Bend Washington after escaping from captivity.
  • April 29The Rolling Stones begin North American tour.
  • April 29Candace Parker retires from WNBA.
  • April 29Country singer,Zach Byran, gives aid to community after natural disaster.
  • April 26Grizzly bears will be reintroduced to the northwest region of the U.S.
  • April 26The opening night of Chicago is tonight.
  • April 26The Envirothon teams placed third and first at regionals.
  • April 25JV boys and girls and Varsity girls soccer play Western Albemarle tonight.

HG4 for the Tour

Rod Wave’s new album concert
Rodarius Marcell Green also known as Rod Wave, famous American rapper and singer-songwriter. Courtesy of https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/rod-wave-beautiful-mind-1394888/

The new album,Nostalgia” by Rodarius Marcell Green, better known as Rod Wave, was released on September 15th of this year, and on October 19th, he started his tour. According to Songkick, he is currently touring with other rappers including Ari Lennox, G Herbo, and Toosii.

One of Wave’s recent concerts was held in Washington D.C. Capital Arena, where people enjoyed the environment and the overall feeling of being there.

Rod Wave during his Washington D.C. concert into a song with the crowd.
Courtesy of Raesaun Ellis

“I felt very happy, and I enjoyed it because everybody was singing every song,” junior Raesaun Ellis said. ”So it was just a great atmosphere to be in.”

According to the Wave Wikipedia, Wave began his career in 2015. In 2019 he released his album”PTSD”, which included the song “Heart On Ice”. This song  went viral and rose to the top 25 on the Billboard Hot 100. During this time, he caught most people’s attention.

“I started to listen to him probably since the eighth grade,”senior Amaya Delcarmen said.

His concerts are described to be an exhilarating environment, as well as more hyped when compared to other artists performances. 

“I think the vibe was different, and it was more fun, compared to other concerts I’ve been to,” Delcarmen said.

Rod Wave on stage during his Washington D.C. Concert transitioning into another song.
Courtesy of Raesaun Ellis

People listen to Wave’s music simply because it is relatable; they are able to make connections and feel what he is saying. Each of his fans have their own opinion and diverse connection with his music.

“ His music might seem sad to others, but honestly I feel like it’s just how some people feel at times,” Sophomore Janel Brent said. “ His music has a different feel though.”

Wave is what some people need just to feel good. This might sound inadequate to non-Wave fans, yet they can tell how he encourages others to not only hear but listen to his music.

“You feel like you can escape, and there is such a peaceful feeling that he gives through his music,” Brent said.