• March 4Caitlin Clark becomes all-time leading scorer in NCAA division one basketball.
  • March 4Eagles center, Jason Kelce, retires after 13 seasons in the NFL.
  • March 4Donald Trump wins Colorado ballot case.
  • March 1Texas experiences largest wildfire in state history, currently showing no signs of resolve.
  • March 1Varsity and JV softball will have pictures today.
  • March 1Varsity and JV baseball scrimmages are canceled.
  • February 29Former WWE wrestler, Michael Jones, passes away at 61.
  • February 29JV and Varsity baseball will have team pictures after school today.
  • February 29Comedian, Richard Lewis, passes away at the age of 76.
  • February 28Nike will be creating new uniforms for National Women's Soccer League.

Wrestling Recap

Two wrestlers go at it in an intense practice. (Photo from Harbor Amiss)

On December 2nd, the wrestling team hosted the David Wells Memorial tournament with 16 teams. The whole team brought in a 3rd place finish in the match. A lot of wrestlers came out as winners in their individual weight classes. Lucas Phelps, Connor Roark, Max Edwards and John Jonnell all remain with undefeated individual records in their matches. After the tournament match, the team hosted the Home Quad on December 6th which brought the schools of Albemarle, Charlottesville and Orange County to the Lion’s Den. The team overall went 2-1, beating Albemarle and Charlottesville, while falling to Orange, ending the event with 2nd place. The middle school wrestling also got off to an impressive start, winning their season opener 52-45 against King George. The boys and girls teams looked to continue their success at their next match on December 8th when they travel to Deep Run High School.