• May 10Senior scholarships and awards will be announced tonight.
  • May 10The Mental Health Awareness Walk has been postponed until May 20th.
  • May 10Girls varsity soccer plays Monticello tonight at 6:30.
  • May 9Baseball and softball play Fluvanna tonight.
  • May 9Vermont now requires fossil fuel companies to pay reparations for climate change.
  • May 9Severe weather claims multiple lives in southern states.
  • May 8Track will host meet today starting at 2.
  • May 8Georgia passes new legislation regarding elections.
  • May 7Girls Varsity Tennis faces off against Charlottesville High School tonight at 5.
  • May 7Third American detained in Russia.

Team Conrad vs. Team Jeremiah

Students+from+Mrs.Spencers+class+showing+their+opinion+of+team+Conrad+or+Team+Jeremiah.+
Nat
Students from Mrs.Spencer’s class showing their opinion of team Conrad or Team Jeremiah.

High Schoolers have drawn sides over the two love interests in the new drama-filled series “The Summer I Turned Pretty”.

The show stars Lola Tung, as Belly, Gavin Casalengo, as Jeremiah, and Christopher Briney, as Conrad. The series is based on the love triangle between Belly, Jeremiah, and Conrad showing how they deal with the loss of a mother, almost losing a house and coming close to losing each other.

The boys constantly battle in the show over Belly; this has led the viewers to become “Team Conrad” or “Team Jeremiah.”

Senior, Rosalyn Young Is proudly showing off that she is on team Jeremiah.
Photo credit to Natalie Spencer.

“Team Jeremiah most definitely,” junior Riley Leale said. 

“I am team Conrad all the way,” senior Bella Antigo said.

While the two brothers in this series are constantly fighting over her, Belly is stuck in a constant mental battle going back and forth between boys but never really settling on one.

“I think she doesn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings and I think she doesn’t know, herself, who to choose,” Leale said.

Although this show has a lot of bickering, there are a few scenes that were just about pure love. Towards the end of season 2, Belly and Jeremiah become super close.

“I like that they’re closer, I think that the scenes with them are very intimate” senior Rosalyn Young said. “They are also closer in age so it makes it better.”  

Belly is stuck in between the drama with both boys and fans have been speculating which one she will end up with. 

“ I don’t think she will ever make it official with a boy, well for a long time at least,” Antiago said. “she knows she’s playing with them both.”

Season three of “The Summer I Turned Pretty” is expected to come out in summer of 2024. 

“I can’t wait for season three to come out,” Leale said.

Image created by Natalie Spencer on Canva